Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Final "Of the Heart"

First of all, photographing this was quite a challenge. I had to pick one thing or the other to highlight. In this case, I chose to highlight the EKG line since numerous photos of the background was already shown. There is no variation in color of any part, only the intensity of the hue. To further enhance the integrity of the line, I chose to achieve this in relief as I wanted to show a formation of the rhythm of life.

So to explain the meaning of this piece, it's no secret the background represents a broken heart, filled with bitterness, sadness and anger. The use of color and strokes sets this tone. What calms this persona is the dance of the cardiac rhythm that displays itself boldly atop this tangled fury. My use of the EKG was to show a sense of regulation of only which the kindness of the heart can offer by it's very nature. The quality and structure of the line shows strength and the ability to soothe and overcome chaos.



2 comments:

  1. I love that you give us the background information needed so that we can really "get it." Really great work; I 'd love to see it in person! Bryan likes it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lauren. Seeing it in person adds another level of demension. Stop over anytime to view, I'll be happy to showcase.

    ReplyDelete